Job Posting - Bookkeeper/Office Manager
Bookkeeper / Office Manager
The purpose of this position is multi-faceted:
- Support Controller through bookkeeping, cash management, bill pay, purchasing, reporting, and other general financial administrative support.
- Provide administrative assistance and liaise with office team consisting of: Controller, HR Manager, Marketing Manager, and CEO.
- Point person for bookkeeping and General Ledger maintenance in QuickBooks.
- Enter daily sales in QuickBooks and reconcile to bank deposits.
- Enter bills in QuickBooks.
- Reconcile bank statements and loans in QuickBooks.
- Receive checks and reconcile Accounts Receivable in QuickBooks.
- Support the Controller to establish and maintain the master list of inventory items approved for purchase in QuickBooks.
- Point person for administrative side of Purchase-to-Pay process, including:
- Receive vendor invoices and prepare for approval and payment.
- Once approved, prepare checks or other forms of payment.
- Send checks to vendors and reconcile QuickBooks for payments made.
- Coordinate the purchase of inventory items with managers.
- Implement the use of Purchase Orders (POs) for the purchase of raw and other materials.
- Establish a schedule for items purchased on a recurring basis.
- Track POs with Accounts Payable invoices.
- Be knowledgeable about available products that meet the Company’s sourcing standards and support/establish/nurture positive relationships with those vendors.
- Support Controller to establish and maintain procedures for the receipt and control of purchased goods.
- Support Controller to negotiate more favorable prices and terms with vendors, when appropriate.
- Point person for phone, mail, general email inbox, and providing general support to visitors in administrative office.
- Maintain filing system for all financial records.
- Design and implement other filing systems as needed.
- Other clerical duties as needed.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
- Handle customer inquiries.
- Participate in company events as needed.
- Provide information to managers and crew for use in ad hoc analyses.
- Participate in and support the annual budget.
- Communicate and coordinate with managers and crew as necessary.
- Provide support to other special projects and company initiatives as needed.
- Support Controller to achieve other financial goals in line with company values.
- Alignment with FBC mission, vision, and values.
- 3+ years’ experience in bookkeeping, office management, or general administrative roles.
- Access to confidential information means high level of professionalism required.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting, data, and administrative management practices and procedures.
- QuickBooks Accounting experience is preferable.
- Above average Microsoft Office & Excel skills, including integration and manipulation of various data sets.
Key Skills and Proficiencies
- Curious, unafraid to ask questions and pursue answers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Technical accuracy.
- This position may require evenings and weekends as necessary.