Job Posting - Director of Operations
Director of Operations
co-CEO / COO, Dan Rattigan
Chocolate Production Manager
Lead Chocolate Maker
Head Ice Cream Maker
Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Dotted Line Reports
Retail General Managers
Inventory Accounting Specialist
The Director of Operations is directly responsible for the planning and direction of FBC production operations through effective leadership and coordination of the production management team, and collaboration with senior management team. They coordinate equipment, labor and material resources to ensure safe, high quality, and efficient manufacture of company goods based on formulations and standards developed in conjunction with production managers. They are accountable for the flow of goods throughout the company and internal and external product allocation.
If you are interested, please read the description and qualifications of the position and send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clean and Safe Workplace
- Act as Regulatory Compliance Officer for all production departments.
- Ensure PMs remain certified “in-charge” for regulatory compliance.
- Maintain expertise in current GMP and OSHA regulations, ensuring compliance.
- Create and maintain Food Safety Plan for each production department, along with department heads.
- Maintain records of workplace injuries, and all other required records.
- Human Resources and Team Management
- Support PM team with regular meetings.
- Hiring and firing, in coordination with HR Director and production managers.
- Conduct semi-annual production manager reviews.
- Accountable for departmental promotions.
- Maintain updated job descriptions for all production positions.
- Production Planning
- Collaborate closely with Director of Sales and Marketing to understand forecasted production demand.
- Create Annual Production Plans in coordination with each production department.
- Track and adjust Annual Production Plans in response to actual sales trends.
- Budget Management
- Initiate and implement actions to maximize profits by containing expenses through improved operating and cost efficiencies.
- In coordination with Controller, develop, approve, and meet financial budgets, plans, and updates.
- Inventory Management
- Maintain inventory for ingredients and supplies, in coordination with each PM.
- Manage buying relationships for ingredients and supplies, in coordination with each PM.
- Staff Training and Development
- Train Production Managers on policies and procedures.
- Provide constructive feedback in a helpful manner, to keep standards high and to allow staff to continue to grow, learn and improve their skills.
- Guide PMs in supervisory responsibilities.
- Quality assurance
- Ensure all product meets company standards of excellence.
- Test and pull products as necessary for quality or expiration.
- Communicate best production, handling, and storage practices to ensure high quality.
- Special Events
- Work with community, and represent the company at events as necessary.
- Interdepartmental Communication
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments as necessary.
- Maintain records of all policy and procedure changes.
- Maintain records of departmental input and output.
- Continuing education – as directed
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing/production/operations management
- 5+ years in management
- Ability to lead and inspire others
- Strong communication skills
- Alignment with FBC mission, vision
Position may require evenings and weekends as necessary.
OM may be required to stand for extended periods of time, lift (sometimes very) heavy objects on a regular basis, and perform repetitive tasks with few breaks.